Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Hero?

Over the past few years, I've found myself more than slightly surprised at how many people I know and have known whose lives are truly worthy of a memoir. Seemingly ordinary individuals who float in and out of my orbit and deserve to be noticed and celebrated in big ways for things they've done. Things that you never find out about until it's too late to tell them how amazed you are.


That realization has made me stop more than a few times, to look at people and wonder––Just who are you? What kind of superhero is floating in my midst? What stories do you have to tell?


What if we all took a little time now, while we have the chance, to get to know one another better...To find our real-life superheroes, to listen to the stories that people have to tell...to learn the ways our lives have been changed by these people who seem so ordinary. What might we see? Who might end up inspiring us?


You never know who you know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment