Friday, August 16, 2013

Season When?

It's that time again...the "end" of summer, when kids go back to school, people start thinking about autumn (even here in Florida, where fall seems to make sporadic appearances in between the last gasps of summer weather and then plunges into the strange unpredictability of winter chills). For those of us who are out of school and childless, the impending month of September means different things. I'm in magazines, so I always notice the fact that the September issue (BIGGER and BETTER than normal issues) is on the newsstands...another strange way I keep track of year placement? 

Television seasons. 
Don't judge, you know you do it, too.
Right now, I'm happy as a clam because it's smack in the middle of Project Runway (can I get a HALLELUIA), Top Chef is about to start, and the fall lineup will soon be rounded out by the Great Food Truck Road Race and the Housewives of New York (my fave of the Housewives). Admittedly, admitting this isn't my finest hour, but that's the reality (TV, ha!) of it right now. I have to stay entertained somehow, right? And there are certainly worse vices to have. 

So last night, I geeked out to my first (yes, I'm behind) episode of the current season of Project Runway. Oh, how I love Tim and Heidi. Meeting them is on my bucket list. Maybe one day....

So where are you? How do you keep track of the year? Is it the leaves or the lineup? However you mark your calendar, remember to savor. Time flies too fast––unfortunately, we can't skip the unpleasant or annoying commercials or hit the pause button. 

No comments:

Post a Comment