Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Time Warp

So...another Wednesday. Another half of a week gone, and another half month has passed. Where does the time go? Is time, like Einstein hypothesized, like a river? If it is, we are apparently unlike salmon...while they have been naturally programmed to swim back upstream, we don't quite have that ability. Will we ever? Does some untapped possibility exist for us to time travel and go backwards hours, days, months...years? 

If it did, would you want to? Would you buy a ticket on the time machine?

Sometimes I think I would, but then sometimes I think it would just be a bad idea. A very, very, VERY. BAD. IDEA.

After all, what might be the repercussions of changing one minute little detail of the past? Haven't there been enough movies and television shows about exactly that? And they all turn out badly. Very badly. Someone always ends up regretting the whole thing, someone usually ends up making themselves "unborn." History might be changed for the better in one small way, but usually, the bigger picture is BEYOND POLLACK.

So no, as many things as I might like to undo in my own personal history, I won't be booking seats for time travel anytime soon. My river of time might be muddy in some places and a bit rocky in more than a few; but it's part of my journey, and I wouldn't be me without it. I'd rather travel somewhere new to make new memories. The old ones are past––they're stamps in my passport, and I'd like to see more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment