Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dropping the Ball

So where will you be when the ball drops and the year comes to a close?
Will you be with your sweetheart?
Will you be with friends and family? 
Will you be alone in a room full of strangers, wishing for someone? 
Will you even be awake?

For me, the year shall transition the same as it has every other year in recent memory...without fanfare. It will quietly slip off, wordlessly offering a soft kiss good-bye, making room for a year full of its own promises and possibilities. 

Perhaps next year will be different when one calendar year replaces another; but for now, this is where life has me. Yes, I will have eyes open when the clock strikes midnight, but I will kiss no one. No one will turn to me and say Happy New Year, no one will stand beside me to step into the new year. 

But I still know that there are plans being set in motion, plans just for me. I don't have a clue what 2014 will become, but I know that God is guiding it. God is watching the ball drop and whispering His benediction on my future. God is holding my hands and kissing my face, bestowing me with blessings that I do not yet understand. 

For that, I am thankful. For that, I raise my proverbial glass in a toast. And for the family and friends I have been given––for them, I wish only the best as they greet their own New Year.

Be Blessed, and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment