Saturday, February 15, 2014

Here's Your Sign?

Much to my dismay and in spite of all my best intentions, I realized this morning that I've let far too long a time slip through my fingers without penning my latest post. Somehow, the week flew by with nary a moment to allocate to you, my o-so-loyal readers (all one of you <insert smiley-face emoticon here>). 

In the midst of my self-flagellation over my neglect, I further realized that there might be some people out there still holding their breath, wondering what might have happened after my post referencing the very serious thought I was giving to the possibility that I would take the leap and try to catch my "One That Got Away." 

Let it out and breathe. 

After more thought and some very convincing encouragement from a friend of mine, I decided to be proactive. I picked up the phone and called him at work. Success! Contact was made! And he sounded happy to hear from me!

Breathe.

After a few moments of banal and friendly conversation regarding his upcoming move, I suggested that we grab lunch or coffee when he had a free minute. Yes, yes––we should. When he had a free space in his schedule. 

Weeks later, with a smattering of innocuous text messages exchanged, no free space seems to have opened. Coffee is still un-drunk, lunch has yet to be chewed. And so I sent another text. This one a little more weighty, asking if he wanted me to leave him alone and abandon the idea of "catching up." I ended the text stating that I didn't want to be "That Girl." And the text screen remains blank, void of a reply.

Is that lack of a response, in the end, a response? Do I let The One That Got Away maintain his getaway?

At this point, I'm trying to remember that there are signs; and we're supposed to read them. I'm trying to remember that things happen for a reason. If it's supposed to happen one day, it will. But for now, the screen is silent. 

It's his turn now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment