Saturday, May 10, 2014

Escapism

There's a lot to be said for lack of focus. Or maybe it's just me. Today, I'm so unfocused that it's distressing––I have too many things to do to feel this scattered. I'm terribly happy about the fact that I have a full list of assignments, but none of them seems to be taking any particular shape at the moment. I'd call it writer's block, but can I call it that if I'm actually writing right now? Hmmmm...interesting thought. 

As I sit here in my home-office away from my home-office, I'm chugging coffee, trying to warm up both my brain cells as well as the body that holds that brain––non-functioning though it might be at the moment. For some reason, every public place in the free world seems to feel the need to run their A/C at maximum, never once considering that their patrons might actually welcome the idea of tolerable thermostat settings. Some of us actually think better when we're not tying to thaw out, but I guess maybe we don't count. We're the minority, perhaps, but still.

But I digress. This was not actually what I intended to be writing about for today's post, but sometimes things have a mind of their own, don't they? The mind runs away with itself, taking the fingers with it and whipping across the keys to compose something entirely unintentional. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes a bad one. Whatever the case, it is an unescapable part of reality.

Speaking of escape...I am now the proud owner of a Ford Escape. In all the torrential rain activity that plagued my sector of the map last week, my car was part of the toll. And while the thought of being able to get a different car in place of my Suzuki was an appealing one, the way that it happened wasn't quite ideal. Normally, the purchase of a new car is a planned one, not an emergency one. But God was certainly watching over me as I made my search, and everything went much more smoothly than I could have imagined. It was an amazing blessing, a silver lining at the edge of the rain clouds. Fittingly enough, the Escape is the color of a storm cloud––a rolling reminder that life is full of storms, but faith will see you through them. You only have to believe and pray. And remember to be thankful for the miracles God can work, even in the middle of all the storms.






No comments:

Post a Comment