Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mirror, mirror

When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the person––the life––that you always dreamed of, or is there something there that you don't recognize? Is there someone staring back at you that you never expected to become? Is the reflection a good one, or a bad one?

I think that our lives, our minds, and our hearts are much like the reflections in the mirror. They change, depending on a myriad of factors. Environment, circumstances, age...We grow, we mature; sometimes we regress. Sometimes we become the worst version of ourselves. What's important is what we do about that reflection. Do we take the quick fix or truly change it at the source? Because, like face lifts, the quick fix will constantly need fixing. It'll look good for a little while, but it'll be costly and temporary. 

Take a good look in the mirror and study what you see. Does it make you smile, or are your worry lines becoming more of a worry? I don't know about you, but I want the story my reflection shows to be one I can be proud of. I want the lines to show struggles that have been overcome. I want to meet my own eyes in the mirror and not have to look away in shame.  

No comments:

Post a Comment