Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sweating It

Anyone who really knows me knows that I love to read and that I'm a gym rat. All of which means I've read my fair share of books and been in my fair share of gyms. In fact, I do more than my fair share of reading while I'm in the gym, with my nose buried in pages and pages of words––which might be precisely why I might not be completely aware of my surroundings...And, according to Max Hawthorne, whose resume boasts more than 20 years of experience working in the health club industry, there are plenty of things to be aware of. In his book, Memoirs of a Gym Rat, Hawthorne candidly shares some horror and humor about all the things that may be going on behind the scenes at your gym. Every page is packed with odd stories and insights into the seemingly simple culture of the health club and fitness center industry; and by the time you're done reading, you just might find yourself thinking twice about how you conduct your workout...and where. Written with a great sense of humor and the perfect blend of information and observation, Hawthorne manages to get his point across in a book that makes reading about gyms interesting and funny, rather than dry and matter-of-fact. A great read! For more info, visit http://www.MemoirsOfaGymRat.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment