Saturday, May 25, 2013

Half gone, half here...

I'm looking at the calendar feeling more than slightly amazed at the date. It's already the 25th of May, and the year 2013 is nearly half over. I have to admit, it makes me feel more than slightly behind. I haven't accomplished many of the things I'd hoped to accomplish by now––some if it, of course, by no fault of my own. And then there's the list of things I wanted to have done by now that are still undone because I dragged my feet or allowed myself to be overwhelmed––and therefore scared off––by them.

So what to do now? Well, I still have half the year left. The glass may be half empty, but the glass is still also half full. Which means maybe I should try to look at these next six months as another opportunity to seize, to make good on the lists I've made for myself. 

Better late than never, right?

After all, six months is still a long time for things to happen, for magic and miracles and wonders that change life in an instant. Hopefully i won't be so focused on looking at the passing days on the calendar that I forget to actually make the most of them...even if the most for that day means simply making a phone call.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment