Saturday, May 18, 2013

You're So Predictable

It looks a little like it might rain today, but the weather in this neck of Florida is a bit iffy, and you never really know until something happens. It is predictable unpredictability at its best, I suppose. And I'm not  a lover of unpredictability, by any means. I hate it. Give me a map and a game plan any day, and I'll be a happy camper. Just don't make me actually go camping. 

I know my lack of spontaneity makes me somewhat boring, but there seems to be a bit of safety in that. I like the things I know, rather than the things I don't. Normal as that might be, I know it can sometimes hamper my progress in things, keep me rooted to one spot. Immoveable and uncompromising. Stalled out and stagnant. I really don't want to be that person. I want to be more adventurous, but I'm not always sure how to do it. To just reach out and grab something. I used to be able to, and I've forgotten. I've allowed to many things to derail me, to concuss me and make me forget how to just be. Just live and wander and allow things to happen. Maybe that's one of the things I need to learn this year, in my new decade. Maybe it's something many of us need to learn how to do. Or remember how to do. Maybe by thirty-one, I'll be able to throw caution to the wind and burn the game plan. But for now, I'm adding it to my 30 at Thirty list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment