Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sermon on the Server

It's Sunday again (Already?!?!?!)...which means several things:
The weekend is THIIIIIS close to being O.Ver.
Monday is THIIIIIS close to being here.
And I'm sitting here feeling half-guilty for playing hookey from church for the second week in a row. 
Yes, it's confessional time. 
I'm not Catholic, so I don't mean that in the light-a-candle-and-confess-my-sins type way; but I mean I'm laying it out there. Getting honest and saying, yes, I was less than ideal in my pursuit of Christian fellowship this morning and didn't attend a service. 
To my credit, though, I did attend a virtual one. Today is one of the (many) days that I am thanking God for the invention of the internet and the geniuses of the techies who put sermons online for all of us who have been less than vigilant about physical church attendance.
Today I am thanking God for His provisions for me, for the blessings He has given me in doing work that I love. Today I'm sitting in a sanctuary where the pews are replaced by pleather boots, the church members are a mish-mosh, and the elements of my communion are pickles and hot tea. Despite the fact that my feet did not cross the threshold of a traditional church, today I have had a connection to my God and heard Him speak. 
Today, I plugged in to meet with my Lord, and He was––as always––waiting for me to listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment