Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Financial Peace?

This may shock you...get ready for it...Are you sitting down?
I'm worried.
Wow.
Yes, I the self-admitted Queen of Worry an, once again, worried. 
Ta da! I knew you'd be surprised. 
Okay, so this is dripping in sarcasm. But bear with me. Today, I'm not fretting over the weather or the amount of work in my Inbox (give me a few minutes and the sentiment might change...). Right now, I'm worried about the government and whether or not its going to be fixed. True, it's had countless problems for longer than any of us can remember, but this one is looming large and in-charge right now and weighing heavily on all of our minds (and budgets.) So I'm biting my fingernails and trying to concentrate on work and making my most valiant attempts at not worrying about things that I have absolutely no control over. I'm sending up prayer after prayer and trying to let God be God and do what He does best, but I'm going to be REALLY honest and own up to the fact that I don't feel like I'm having a very successful time of it. 
I want things fixed.
I want security (or some teeny tiny form of it).
I want to know that things are going to get paid for.
Sounds like my own life.
Which makes me start worrying about that, too.
Fabulous...
Dear God, be with our government a they make decisions today. Give them wisdom. Give them grace. And give us all a little peace. And please, please, please...give me a piece of that peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment