Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Spooked Yet?

Is it just me, or is anyone else just floored by the fact that it's October? 
Seriously. 
The end of the year is just two short months away.
Two. Months.
Yup, and then that 2013 we all just got used to writing will become 2014. 
I, for one, thought we might all be driving around in flying cars by the time 2014 rolled around, but that hasn't happened yet. 
Not sure whether I'm glad about that or disappointed.
At any rate, I don't feel ready.
There are things I wanted to have accomplished by the end of the year, things I really don't see happening at this point. On the flip side of the coin, there are things that I've accomplished this year that I never saw coming.
I guess it's all in how you choose to look at things.
What matters most, I suppose, is the take-away.
What have you learned? What have you given? What have you been given?
Are you looking forward to the end of the year, or are you spooked by the idea?
I think, if I'm honest, I have to say I'm a little of both.
There are things I'm looking forward to and things I'm dreading. Whatever category things may fall into, though, I'm realistic enough to know that the inevitable is coming, and that calendar change is going to happen. I can't put the brakes on things or clamp my eyes shut to avoid the steady march of time. I can only pray that God looks at the last year of my life and sees things that make Him happy. I want God to be proud of this time––to see that I've made the most of my "talents" and haven't squandered them.  
I don't want this to be a year that haunts me––rather, I want to be able to celebrate it and all of its milestones. 
There may be tricks, and there may be treats. But there will definitely be things to treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment