Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What's the Forecast?

The skies are blue here again, crystal clear and threatless. What troubles me at this moment is not the weather outside, but the weather inside. Most specifically, the weather inside of me and my heart and mind. This is shaping up to be one of those weeks that seems painfully, panic-inducingly silent weeks when I do largely nothing apart (work-wise, anyway) from sending out query letters and manuscript proposals. When the actual, paid work is decidedly missing and I'm left wondering if (and how) I'm possibly going to be able to stick it out for the long-haul. When I wonder if I'm being absolutely foolish in my waiting. If I'm being ambitious enough. If I'm good enough. 
If I'm enough.
After all, I could look at this empty space on my assignment calendar and decide that I need to be going out to look for a job outside of the realm of my laptop. Would I be being more industrious or realistic or  responsible by literally hitting the pavement and applying to bricks-and-mortar jobs?
At this point, I don't know what the answer is.
I don't know what the weather forecast is.
Will it be sunny skies or stormy ones for me?
At this point, I'm still watching; waiting; and praying. Hoping that God will give me wisdom to see through the fog when it rolls in; that He'll show me what do to and that I'll listen. That I'll be wise enough to wait out the rumbles or evacuate while there's still time––whatever I'm supposed to do.
I'm just hoping and praying for the weather forecast. I'm hoping that it will shine happily on me, and that it will come soon.

Please...Readers, followers, faithful friends. Please tell me what you think when you read. I want to hear from you! I welcome your thoughts and criticisms. Just let me hear your voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment