Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Finding Festive

I know it's only the beginning of November, but there's no escaping the upcoming Christmas festivities. I may be well on my way gift-wise (at least,as far as my niece and nephew and sister go...) I have to admit, I'm not mentally prepared. This has been such a strange year, and I've lost my footing as to just where on the calendar reality has us. If I'm really and truly honest, the past few years have been strange as far as Christmas goes, and I haven't really allowed myself to get fully in the spirit of things. 
I really want this to be different, so as part of that, I've been taking advantage of Hallmark Channel's early embrace of Christmas movies. Their Countdown to Christmas movie marathon is now on rotation in my daily TV viewing, if for no other reason than to give me a little reminder that Christmas is coming soon, and I really should take the time to enjoy it. 
This year, I want to put up a tree. And not just any tree. A PINK tree. Yes, a pink one. I have a new apartment and a new life on my own, and darn it, I want to take advantage of the fact that no one can object to a really-freaking-pink tree.
So I'm keeping my eyes open and hopeful that I'll soon stumble upon the perfect pre-lit pink specimen. I need a little sparkle to light up the holidays this year. I need to see a daily reminder that there is magic still to be had. That Christmas is supposed to be full of joy, not only for the itsy-bitsy people known as children, not only for the in-love people of the planet. 
I need to be tickled by excitement. I need to be tickled pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment