Friday, November 8, 2013

Not a Good Look for You

I've been looking over my blogposts from last month, and I realized just how much I was letting my worry edge into my writing. Well, maybe not so much edge as shove its way into. And I hate how gloomy and hopeless it made me sound. 
Yes, I worry.
But if we're honest, all of us worry, right? If you don't worry about something on any given day, I think you might be in the minority, and a very fortunate one at that. 
I have a great tendency to worry and an even greater tendency to let it get a viselike grip on me to the point of being overwhelming. Like a bride wearing an overpowering mass of whiteness that completely swallows her up, my worry was wearing me, rather than the other way around.
And it's not a good look for me.
It's not a good look for anyone. 
God designed us to be triumphant, to live our best lives in glory to Him. And living in constant worry and fear isn't doing that. It's giving in and living a defeated existence. A life lived in fear is only half lived. 
I don't know about you, but I want to live a full, happy life that shines. 
That's a look that's good on anyone. 
So with that in mind, I want to rip that worry apart at the seams and wear the sparkle, rather than the fear. I want to rock the runway.
Maybe not literally, but you get my point. 
I want peace and joy to be my best accessories.
Time to clean out the closets and get rid of the tattered mess.
I want to wear only what looks good on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment