Sunday, November 24, 2013

Calendar Confusion

As I continue my campaign to immerse myself in the holiday frame of mind this year, I find I'm still having trouble wrapping my brain around this one. Thanksgiving is a mere five days away. And, as yesterday's Countdown to Christmas alert on the Hallmark Channel so cheerily showed, Christmas is 32 Days away. 
Make that 31 Days. 
Still so much to do!
I have presents to buy, a pink tree to score, and wrapping accouterments to procure. Then the wrapping itself. Those are just the things that HAVE to be done. There are still things that I WANT to get done, as well...I WANT so badly to send out Christmas cards, bake some goodies and give them away to my favorite people, and revel in the glow. I want to feel like I have time to FEEL CHRISTMAS! And I feel like it's slipping through my fingers like sanding sugar. Or melting snow. 
Not that it feels warm enough for snow to melt. In fact, I've spent pretty much all day freezing my tuccus off, even though I'm safely tucked indoors at my favorite home-office-away-from-home-office. It's a frigid day outside, as well, which might be one reason that the idea of decamping is a dreaded one. I hate cold. With a passion. Too bad that fiery hatred of cold doesn't do anything to warm me up inside...
Anyway, back to the conundrum at hand––FEELING the season. Hmmmm. Maybe it's time to buckle down and find that tree, so that my apartment is visually bathed in the warm pink glow of my newly found festiveness.
More updates to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment