Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sweet and Savory

Wow, I can't believe its Sunday again already! I'm not ready for this, are you? I blinked and it was Friday, then I blinked again and it's Sunday! Time whips by with an insane speed, doesn't it? 
Not that I'm complaining about what was accomplished this weekend. Far from it, actually.
Yesterday was one of those happily unexpected days of prolificness...Is that a word? If not, it should be. 
I'm hoping today follows suit, but one never knows, does one? I'll just have to play it by ear and see how it goes, see how quickly the fingers fly over the keys and the mind composes what looks to be a masterpiece.
The sky is a beautiful shade of blue and perfectly temperate, a happy gift in the midst of what were a few days of gloomy, cold misery. These are days to savor, like a rich piece of chocolate melting slowly on the tongue. These are the days that make me thankful and remind me that every minute really does have something to treasure and hold, if only we pay attention. 
The holidays are coming with warp speed, and I'm hoping that this year I'll allow myself to notice, to stretch them out and find their magic. 
Too many years recently I've allowed myself to forget why these days exist: To be together. To give back. To remember that life is good and extraordinary. The turkey might be forgotten in the freezer until too late, the mashed potatoes might be gummy. But there are stories to make from these days of Whoopsie Daisy. Make the Uh Oh! an Aha! and find your unexpected sweetness...Remember the five second rule and realize that things don't always go like you've planned. Sometimes they turn out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment